The Indian Journal of Law & Technology (IJLT) is now accepting submissions for Volume 17. Please send in your submissions on or before October 31, 2020 in order for them to be considered.
About the Journal:
The Indian Journal of Law and Technology (IJLT) is a student-edited, peer-reviewed, completely open access law journal published annually by the National Law School of India University, Bangalore. IJLT is the first and only law journal in India devoted exclusively to the study of the interface between law and technology.
The journal carries scholarship in the areas of intellectual property rights, internet governance, information communication technologies, access to medicine, privacy rights, digital freedoms, openness, telecommunications policy, media law, innovation, civil liberties and technology etc. along with focusing on perspectives on contemporary issues involving the intersection of law, technology, industry and policy.
The previous issues of the IJLT have featured scholarly writings by renowned authors such as William Patry, Justice Pratibha Singh, Justice Michael Kirby, Yochai Benkler, Jonathan Zittrain, Donald S. Chisum, Justice S. Muralidhar, Benjamin Edelman, Gavin Sutter, Raymond T. Nimmer, John Frow, Christoph Antons, Lawrence Liang and Shamnad Basheer.
The Journal is now indexed on research databases such as WestLaw, HeinOnline, the Legal Information Institute of India, SCC, and Manupatra. Following the policy of open access, all the articles from previous issues are available on their website: http://ijlt.in
Categories of Submissions:
- Articles (5000-12000 words).
- Essays (3000-5000 words).
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (2000-6000 words).
The above limits are exclusive of footnotes. Substantive footnoting is allowed.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the name(s) of the authors, their institution/affiliation, the title of the submission and contact details.
- An abstract (not more than 300 words) must be submitted.
- Co-authorship (up to a maximum of 3 authors) is permitted.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing.
- Please follow the OSCOLA (4th edition) style of citation.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished and should not have been submitted for review to other journals.
- Please send in your submissions *.doc OR *.docx form.
For more details, please see the submission guidelines here.