The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy and the Oxford Human Rights Hub are pleased to announce the International Conference on Affirmative Action and the Sustainable Development Goal of Gender Equality. The conference aims to bring together academicians, practitioners and students from various disciplines including law, sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology and economics and will be held in Tiruchirappalli, India on the 22nd and 23rd September 2018.
Paper are invited on the following sub-themes:
- Efficacy of Affirmative Action in Achieving Gender Equality and Goal 5 of the SDGs
- Affirmative Action for Women and Human Rights Law
- Reservation Policies vs. Preference Policies
- Intersectionality: Situating Caste, Class and Race in the Affirmative Action dialogue
- Affirmative Action in Non-Political Institutions
- Affirmative Action: Strategies for Mobilisation
The themes are intended to be suggestive and we remain open to other novel approaches which study the link between affirmative action and gender justice. The last date for submission of abstracts is 28th February 2018.
For more information on the conference and submission guidelines, please visit http://tnnls.in/international_conference.php or http://ohrh.law.ox.ac.uk/affirmative-action-and-the-sustainable-development-goal-of-gender-equality/. For any clarification, you can write to us at [email protected]